Were you hurt in a car crash in Orange or Sullivan County, New York? Are you facing high medical and rehabilitation expenses as a result of an accident? Alex Smith, Esq. is a car accident lawyer in Middletown, New York who works with those who have suffered crash injuries and with families who have lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of another person or party behind the wheel.
You may be entitled to seek compensation to cover your medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages if you’ve been hurt in a car crash. For example, you and your family may be able to make a claim with auto insurance companies for compensation. But do you know what your claim might be worth? Do you know how negligence in a car accident is determined? If you have been seriously injured in a car crash, Mr. Smith is a lawyer who may be able to assist you with navigating the claims process. His firm can review the circumstances of your crash, investigate your claim, identify negligent parties, and help you seek the compensation you may deserve. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim following a crash. Contact Alex Smith, Esq. today.
What Steps Should I Take Following a Car Accident in Orange or Sullivan County, New York?
If you’ve been in a car accident in Orange or Sullivan County, New York, you might be wondering what steps you can take to protect your rights. The aftermath of a crash can be incredibly stressful for those who have been hurt. However, there are some simple things you can do to protect your rights. Here are some simple steps you can take both immediately after a crash and in the days and weeks following your car accident:
- Call the Police and Seek Medical Attention. Call for medical attention for those who have been injured, and contact the police to report the accident. You are always required by law to stop after a crash and render aid. Whether your car accident was minor or severe, it is generally a good idea to make a police report following your accident. If you later need to make an insurance claim, having a police report can be helpful. If your accident involved any injuries or if the damage to property exceeded $1000, you are required by law to make a police report. But even if damage appears to be minor and even if there appear to be no injuries, it still might be a good idea to make a police report so that there is a record the accident took place.
- Exchange Contact Information with Other Drivers. Exchange insurance information, phone numbers, addresses, and write down the make, model, year, and color of the other vehicle involved in your crash. If there were any witnesses who saw the accident, you may want to record their names and contact information as well.
- Take Photos. Take photos of the damage to your vehicle, the location where the accident took place, and any injuries you might have.
- Seek Medical Care. If you’ve been hurt, always seek medical care and follow the instructions of your doctor. Some injuries may not always be apparent at the scene of a crash, so even if you think you might not be injured, it might still be a good idea to get yourself checked out.
- Contact Your Insurance Company. It may also be a good idea to report your accident to your insurance company right away. Many auto insurers require that individuals report a crash as soon as possible after an accident takes place.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer. Alex Smith, Esq. is a car accident lawyer in Middletown, New York that may be able to assist you with various aspects of your car accident personal injury claim. For example, if you need assistance with making an insurance claim, need assistance with seeking damages from negligent parties, or are having difficulty getting the insurance settlement you may believe you deserve, Mr. Smith may be able to assist you.
These are just some things you can do after a crash to protect yourself and your rights. However, if you are not sure what your next steps should be when making a car accident claim, a car accident lawyer may be best able to help you navigate the complexities of the insurance claim process and the process of seeking compensation from negligent parties. Contact Alex Smith, Esq.
How a Car Accident Law Firm Can Help You
Alex Smith, Esq. is a car accident lawyer in Middletown, New York that may be able to assist you with various aspects of the insurance claim process. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Whether you need help with settling with insurers or with seeking compensation from negligent parties, Mr. Smith may be able to help. Contact his law firm today at (845) 344-4322 to learn more.